The article discusses how to stream to multiple TVs using a single source irrespective of your display needs and preference.
When you link two TVs together, they can show the same content or image without the need for an extra receiver or cable.
Streaming to a single source is not unusual. Suppose you have always seen the same picture or content being displayed on multiple televisions at the same time and it looks strange, fascinating, or confusing.
In that case, you may want to know how this can be achieved- the concept behind it.
This guide will inform you on how you can make this kind of connection and understand how this process really works using various approaches or techniques.
In the end, you will be able to stream the same movie and play the same games on multiple televisions.
Ensure you follow every piece of information in this guide so that you may find relevant and helpful tips, possibly something new that may help you now, and even in the future.
Single source multiple TVs need
- Gaming: Game lovers can make use of multiple television screens that are linked to one source, especially in gaming competitions that require different players to participate in the same game and at the same time. To achieve this, multiple television sets with similar displays are placed side by side or in different rooms to allow each player to concentrate on their screen during the competition.
- Home: If you have multiple televisions within your home. For instance, a television in the living room and another one in the bedroom. Linking the two televisions gives you access to the same movies, news, any other suitable form of broadcast irrespective of where you are within your home.
- Office: Two televisions can be linked together and used for large room presentations in place of a projector in organizations to create a large picture.
Steps of How You Can Stream To Multiple TVs Using a Single Source DIY
Streaming similar content on different screens is becoming a popular practice today, irrespective of the needs.
In case you are looking for a “Do It Yourself’ technique that you can adopt to allow you to stream to multiple TVs with the use of a single source, this section will discuss with you the various techniques or approaches you can adopt.
Using HMDI cable
To stream to two television screens using an HMDI cable, follow the steps below
- Set up the HDMI cable from both televisions. Make sure the cable is long enough to connect easily with the media source.
- The HMDI cable length depends on how big your house is (the size/layout). At maximum, you may need up to 100 feet of cable
- The next thing you need to do is create two spots. You can achieve this by plugging an HDMI splitter straight into the media source
- Once the splitter is rightly set up, you can then plug the HDMI cable for each television into the HDMI splitter
- Check if the connection is successful by testing the two televisions at the same time.
- Ensure the two television screens share similar content, and they must function in the same way.
If your televisions are of the same model, the display quality should be consistent and very efficient.
Using the S-video input or RCA
- Check the inputs of the two televisions. Ensure they have similar S-video input or RCA. The HD-designed televisions allow a wide range of inputs.
- To retain the High-Definition (HD) video quality, you must make use of the HDMI inputs. This is because these inputs are better and more efficient.
- The next step is to connect the output of your video source directly into the video input of your VDA (Video Distribution Amplifier).
- The function of the amplifier is to double a single signal- one signal into two.
- Connect the video cables right from the VDA to the video inputs of the televisions you need to link together.
- Choose suitable video inputs using your television’s remote control. Alternatively, you can also perform this function using TV monitors.
Using the television broad link
This is another technique that you can adopt or follow to stream to multiple television screens. This approach is used whenever a user desire to link multiple television screens together to create or achieve a large display.
This technique is very popular with people who want to have a larger screen a similar way to the display quality in the stadium.
- Ensure the television screens are linked or connected in even numbers. Even numbers are numbers that can be easily divided by two.
- For instance, you can link 2, 4, 6, 8, 10… screens to achieve your desired television display quality- size and appearance.
- This approach has two methods you can adopt to link your televisions together. You can either use the Daisy Chain Style connection method or the Video Wall Controller method.
- The Daisy Chain Style allows you to connect your televisions using HDMI.
- Here, the Internal TV Settings allow you to produce a 2×2 screen display. The process involved is not fixed. It varies depending on your television’s model or brand as the case may be.
- The second method involves the use of a video wall controller to link your televisions together.
- Alternatively, the wall controller can be configured to 2×2 settings, then you can connect your media source right into it (the controller).
Whatever method you choose to go with between the two options that are available under the TV broad link technique, the linked or connected televisions will display the same content, which may eventually be used as a large display.
Using a Chromecast to Multiple TVs
This is another easy way of connecting multiple televisions and having the same content displayed on them. Using a Chromecast is more efficient than the traditional cable box.
The first thing you need to know about this connection technique is that you won’t need an HDMI cable.
Instead, your televisions are linked to a cast system via a wireless connection. Overall, the process involved is specialized.
The use of Chromecast is popular and relevant in a situation where you stream music and videos from the internet using your desktop computer or laptop, and you desire to share any of these contents on linked televisions.
The following are steps you need to follow if you desire to make use of a Chromecast.
- Get a Chromecast
- Add or install the Chromecast extension
- Go to the top right corner of the control panel and locate the 2 boxes or cast buttons. These boxes are clear representations of the two televisions that are connected or linked together
- Open the content you would like to cast
- Choose the television you would like to cast to, or where you want the content to be displayed
- HDMI cables
- HDMI splitter
- Video distribution amplifier
On average, a 100ft HDMI cable costs about $70. HDMI splitters are offered at various prices.
The prices vary with the brand and design. You can get the HDMI splitter for as low as $13, and on average, an HDMI costs about $35.
A Chromecast costs about $69 on average, and a video distribution amplifier goes for about $78 on average.
Linking two televisions together is an easy process, provided the necessary tools/materials are made available, and the steps involved in your choice of connection technique are followed appropriately.
On average, it takes about 20 minutes to complete this process.
Since there are several approaches or techniques that you can choose from or adopt when it comes to linking two television screens together, you may need to talk to a professional to advise you on the best approach for you.
Also, the cost implication of each approach differs. Make sure you choose a technique that is affordable or pocket-friendly after considering other compatible options.
FAQ’s How to Connect Two TVs/Multiple
What is the downside of streaming to a single source?
When you have configured or synchronized your televisions together to stream from one source, you won’t be able to play or access different channels at the same time on any of these television screens.
For instance, you won’t be able to watch a sports channel on TV A and a news channel on TV B at the same time.
What happens if I make any display modification to one of the screens?
In case one of the televisions needs an adjustment to its display quality, you can make this specific change without any direct impact on the other television screen.
For instance, you may choose to have the display of TV A adjusted to “Fit the Screen,” and TV B adjusted to a “Wide-Angle,” thereby allowing each television screen to act independently.
How can I stream different content to linked television simultaneously via Chromecast?
Chromecast makes it possible to cast different content on each connected or linked television at the same time.
For instance, if you want to have a movie displayed on TV 1 and a children’s show on TV 2.
You can simply open a tab on your mobile device, select the desired content, and then choose the TV screen where you want the content displayed at the top right corner of the control panel.
To cast the other content on the second TV, open a new tab and prepare the content you want to have displayed, then go to the control panel and select the second TV as your preferred screen to display the content.
In the end, you will have different contents being displayed on the linked screens.
How can I choose the best connection approach or technique for me?
Since there are multiple techniques and approaches to choose from, some people may find it difficult to pick the right choice.
Well, this process is not as hard as some people think it is. First, understand your needs.
When you can clearly define what you need, it becomes easier to choose a connection preference that supports it.
How many Chromecast do I need to connect two televisions?
You may choose to connect one Chromecast to the two televisions, and you may use a Chromecast each for the two TVs.
If you are thinking of using a Chromecast to connect the two televisions, this can be achieved with the aid of an HDMI cable splitter.
You will have to connect an HDMI cable between the two televisions and plug the splitter into a power outlet.
By using a single Chromecast you can only watch similar content on the televisions that are connected.
How does an HDMI splitter operate?
The HDMI offers one of the easiest and most flexible ways you can split an HDMI signal and then send it across several display screens.
Just like every other linking approach, an HDMI splitter ensures you won’t need to invest in an extra cable receiver or antenna.
Why am I not seeing all of my televisions on the control panel when I click the cast buttons?
If you have your televisions connected to the Chromecast and it happens that you can’t find one of them on the control panel.
First, you may want to check again to confirm that all the televisions are connected to a similar Wi-Fi network.
In a situation where there are other Wi-Fi networks, you may want to check these networks to see if you have possibly set the missing TV on any of them.
This article has discussed the numerous techniques or approaches that you can adopt or choose from if you desire to stream to multiple TVs using a single source.
Go through each of these options, check out the procedures and the possible cost implications, and choose the one that fits your requirements.
In case you are confused about which approach to go with, do not envisage reaching out to a professional.
A professional will be able to advise you and explain to you the approach that is suitable for you, depending on your home setup.
- 9 Steps on How To Test Coax Cable Signal With Multimeter
- Top 14 Best Long Range Omnidirectional TV Antennas in 2024 (Reviews & Buying Guide)
- What is AHA Radio & How To Use Aha Radio App
- 11 Best Single DIN Bluetooth Car Stereo 2024 – (Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Top 10 Best Indoor TV Antenna For Metal Roof 2023 (Buying Guide)