A modern infotainment system delivers style and the latest connectivity features.
A single DIN head unit for Android may be your best bet yet in improving your vehicle’s interior and increasing its overall value.
Today, car stereos are more than just CD players and radio stations.
Touch screen displays with Bluetooth, GPS, constitute the norm now.
Android head units come bearing different features and depth of function.
A single DIN stereo head unit for instance carries a more compact form of functionality than its double DIN counterpart.
Let’s keep things moving and know more about Android head units.
- Best Single Din Head Unit For Android Comparison Table of 2021
- Best Single DIN Head Unit For Android Reviews
- 01. SONY XAV-AX5000 – Best Popular Quality Single DIN Head Unit
- 02. Binize 10.1-Inch Android In-Dash Stereo – Best Choice Android Single DIN Head Unit
- 03. Sony XAV-AX8000 – Best Performance Single Din Head Unit For Android
- 04. Dasaita 9-Inch Android Single DIN Stereo
- 05. IYING 10.1-Inch Android Single DIN Stereo
- 06. EONON 2021 Single DIN Android Radio
- 07. AMprime 2021 9-Inch Single DIN Car Stereo
- 08. Hodozzy 10.1-Inch Android Car Radio
- 09. EinCar 7-Inch Android Single DIN Stereo
- 10. Hikity 7-Inch Flip Out Android Radio
- 11. Binize 7-Inch Retractable Android Stereo
- 12. Podofo Single DIN Flip Out Car Stereo
- 13. JOYING 9-Inch Single DIN Car Stereo
- The Buying Guide of Best Single Din Head Unit For Android
- The Purchasing Facts of Best Single Din Head Unit For Android
- 01. How Does An Android Auto Head Unit Work?
- 02. Are Android Head Units Worth My Money?
- 03. Will An Aftermarket Android Head Unit Play My Music Better?
- 04. What Tools Will I Need To Set Up A New Android Head Unit?
- 05. How Long Does An Android Head Unit Last?
- 05. Where Can I Buy An Android Head Unit?
- 06. Can A Single DIN Android Head Unit Fit in My Car’s Dashboard?
Best Single Din Head Unit For Android Comparison Table of 2021
|Binize 10.1 Inches|
|Dasaita 9" B07VW6VWRT|
|IYING 10.1 Inch|
What is Android Auto Head Unit?
Android Auto mimics a mobile Android device onto a car’s stereo head unit.
Android Auto helps users access their phone’s features on the radio’s screen display for an easier reach while driving.
Android Auto compatibility requires both car head unit and mobile device to support Android Auto, or at least run on Android OS 6.0.
What is The Best Single DIN Head Unit For Android?
The Sony XAV-AX5000 is the best single DIN head unit for Android because it features the most stable wired and wireless Android Auto compatibility.
Not only that, but it also successfully pairs with iOS devices via Apple CarPlay.
A lot of factors come into play in deciding which is the best single DIN head unit for Android. In this case, Sony XAV-AX5000 wins in stable and reliable connectivity features.
Why is Sony XAV-AX5000 The Best Single DIN Head Unit For Android?
The best single DIN head unit for Android boils down to considering which unit offers the most functionality.
Sony XAV-AX5000 earns this recognition because it did not only focus on connectivity.
The head unit features the lowest brightness settings and Android Auto’s automatic night mode.
Such a feature greatly helps for nighttime driving.
The thin bezels also add a lot to the radio’s visual quality.
Its minimalist finish adds a touch of class to the car’s dashboard.
Best Single DIN Head Unit For Android Reviews
01. SONY XAV-AX5000 – Best Popular Quality Single DIN Head Unit
- 7” thin-bezel screen display
- Bluetooth connectivity
- With dual USB ports
- Compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Rear camera input
In our humble opinion, the Sony XAV-AX5000 is the best single DIN stereo unit out in the market.
You cannot go wrong with its clean build and straightforward features.
This radio comes outside the box with a screen for a double-DIN, but a single DIN body.
This may become an issue for some car models and require buyers to purchase a separate installation kit to make everything fit in the dash panel.
“It blends in seamlessly with the rest of my dashboard.
Android and Apple device pairing works flawlessly, and the microphone picks up sound surprisingly well.”
The dimmer is a favorite feature of the radio.
Unlike most units, this radio lessens distraction while driving at night with its very low brightness settings.
What’s more, Android Auto automatically goes into “night mode”.
- Powerful dimmer
- Simple and sleek design
- Crisp graphics quality
- Comes with physical volume and media controller buttons
- Firmware needs an update
- Prone to overheating
02. Binize 10.1-Inch Android In-Dash Stereo – Best Choice Android Single DIN Head Unit
- Comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- Connects with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and USB
- Integrated Navigation via Waze and Google Maps
- Steering wheel controls support
- Rear camera input
Who says touch screen car stereos must only be expensive?
The Binize 10.1-inch Single DIN Android radio begs to differ.
This radio comes with more than its typical competitor from the same price range.
The massive 10.1-inch screen display provides free real estate in pulling up messages and scrolling through your playlist.
Navigating your way through maps has never been easier with a wide screen to work with.
Most radio units have difficulty pumping out quality sound through car speakers.
This stereo requires some rewiring to make use of your car’s amps.
Other than that, typical functions like navigation and FM radio respond without a hiccup.
- Big capacitive screen display
- Affordable upgrade
- Works even on older car models
- Clear FM radio receiver
- NO AM radio connectivity
- Delayed touch screen response
- Incompatible with some cars’ external amps
03. Sony XAV-AX8000 – Best Performance Single Din Head Unit For Android
- 95-inch floating touch screen
- Hands-free and eyes-free voice control
- Pairs devices via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- External amp and subwoofer support
- Rear camera input
Sony claims another place on our list with their superior technology.
The Sony XAV-AX8000 boasts an adjustable floating touch screen and the latest features that make the ideal car stereo unit.
This single DIN unit comes packed with premium features to ensure you have quality entertainment at the tip of your fingers.
The 8.95-inch widescreen display allows for more convenient viewing of messages and maps.
Pair your Android and/or Apple devices to watch movies, access navigation apps, or manage your music library.
” The superb sound quality adds finesse to my driving experience.
The screen often gets hit by sunlight, so it is hard to see in the daytime.
The anti-glare does not help at all in improving screen vision.”
Fortunately, excellent voice control helps in accessing the radio.
There is no need to take your eyes off the road to find the message or directions you need.
- Compatible with older car models
- User-friendly interface
- Fuss-free pairing with mobile devices
- Very responsive touch screen
- Messy and challenging wirings
- Weak Bluetooth connectivity
- No aux ports for wired music streaming
04. Dasaita 9-Inch Android Single DIN Stereo
- Designed for Toyota Camry 2007-2011
- Wired and wireless mobile device connectivity
- Comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Backup camera input
Revamp your Camry 2007’s clunky dashboard with a sleek touchscreen stereo!
The Dasaita Android stereo unit breathes new life into your car’s infotainment system with its large display and modern-day features.
4GB of RAM promises speedy response from the radio as you switch between apps.
The massive 64GB storage is more than enough to install driving essentials like navigation, audio streaming platforms, radio stations, and more.
“This unit fits perfectly like a glove old Camry! It was also unbelievably easy to install.
Memory is located in the back, and it makes upgrading storage difficult.”
All wired and wireless connections function just fine, but the audio cannot be limited to certain channels.
Steering wheel controls are often lost after an aftermarket installation, but the radio syncs with the factory settings without a problem.
- Quick and easy installation
- Reliable customer service
- Visually pleasing
- Crisp image quality
- Poor audio quality
- Terrible built-in GPS
- Some models carry outdated firmware
05. IYING 10.1-Inch Android Single DIN Stereo
- USB and Auxiliary connectivity
- Wired and wireless Apple CarPlay support
- Wired Android Auto compatibility
- Hands-free Bluetooth technology
- Screen mirroring via Apple AirPlay
Swap out chunky buttons and dark displays for a huge 10.1-inch bright touch screen.
The IYING Single DIN stereo adds a modern touch to your dashboard and levels up your infotainment experience.
The widescreen allows tilt adjustment for better viewing from an angle.
Get the most out of this multifunctional tablet with the AirPlay feature.
Load up movies or TV shows from your iPhone and it will mirror on the display for all passengers to see.
There is only so much praise to sing for this particular radio.
Most phones easily pair through USB or wireless Apple CarPlay.
Upgrading the firmware may require some expert assistance to prevent any memory loss.
- Good value for money
- Reliable reception
- Highly responsive to touch
- Adjustable angle mounts for screen
- Flat bass and treble
- Screen is not anti-glare
- Little to no presets for customization
06. EONON 2021 Single DIN Android Radio
- Android 11 Operating System
- Wi-FI, Mobile hotspot, and tethering connectivity
- Hands-free Bluetooth 5.0 calls and music
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support
- Comes with 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM
If you are itching to get an Android upgrade for your Mazda 3 stereo, look no further!
The EONON 2021 Android radio is packed with all the essential and advanced features of today’s car radio.
And the best thing? It comes with an affordable price tag!
This radio is among the select few carrying the latest Android operating system.
It features support for a wide variety of wireless technology; Wi-Fi, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto.
Manage calls and get to your favorite song with hands-free voice control.
32GB of storage is just enough to download and install a launcher for a more accessible and pleasing interface.
Get more in-depth directions and install navigation apps to help you out on the road.
Audiophiles will also love the integrated DSP.
The radio boasts a range of customized audio presets for an immersive listening experience.
- Quick and fuss-free setup
- Worth its price
- Cooperative customer service
- Weak microphone
- Slow response time
07. AMprime 2021 9-Inch Single DIN Car Stereo
- 1024P 9-inch capacitive screen
- Mirror link support
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- USB and auxiliary ports
- Rear camera input and parking guidelines
Add a touch of finesse to your dashboard with this sleek single DIN stereo unit.
AMprime successfully loads this unit’s small body with powerful infotainment features.
Enjoy watching films and shows at the true high definition!
The radio’s 9-inch screen comes with a 1024P resolution.
Load up videos using Mirror Link technology.
” Rear camera responses well! No dropped frames at all.
The radio boots up fast, and is highly receptive to wireless connections.”
The radio is equipped with strong and reliable wireless connectivity support.
It makes up fairly well with the lack of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
- Simple installation process
- Distinct and high-quality sound
- Crystal-clear display definition
- Worth the price
- Advanced camera-input features
- Buttons at the side are not ergonomic
- Wallpaper cannot be customized
- Screen display not adjustable
08. Hodozzy 10.1-Inch Android Car Radio
- 1GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- 1024P 10.1 inch touch screen
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Integrated GPS
- Mirror Link support for Android and iOS
There is no absolute need for you to break your budget in purchasing an Android stereo unit.
Consider the cheaper alternative, like the Hodozzy 10.1-inch Android radio.
Advertised as a double DIN unit, this radio is surprisingly mountable on just about any surface.
The body only takes a small space, lessening the hassle of installing brackets.
The radio is surprisingly lacking in unique features but never fails to deliver the important functions of a car radio.
It humbly supports CarPlay, and children can enjoy watching movies via Mirror Link.
Finally, while it is a few hundred dollars cheaper than most models in this list, this radio unit excellently supports back camera support.
Parking guidelines also show for easier reversing and parking.
- Cheap yet trustworthy
- Excellent image quality
- Images can be flipped
- Affordable price for a 16+8 channel DVR
- Glitchy software
- Ports fail to respond at times
- No pre-installed hard drive
09. EinCar 7-Inch Android Single DIN Stereo
- 7-inch LCD screen
- Android 10 Operating System
- 1GB RAM and 32GB ROM
- Built-in GPS
- Hands-free Bluetooth 4.0 calls and music
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
Not everyone is fond of having a large LCD mounted on their dash.
If you do not necessarily watch videos on your stereo unit, opt for a smaller screen.
The EinCar 7-inch Android stereo might be just for you and your straightforward needs.
The unit does not show off flashy features, but it carries a highly customizable system because of Android.
It comes with 32GB of memory to accommodate your essential navigation and audio streaming platform apps.
“Sometimes apps close as soon as you click on them.
It’s slow to boot up. Aside from these issues, the radio works just fine.
Good reception for FM radio stations.”
The fixed position of the screen may be a hindrance to in-dash panels whose consoles are mounted lower.
Thankfully, hands-free phone calls via Bluetooth do not require you to scramble tapping on the screen.
- Naturally fits in the car’s interior
- Space-saving size and design
- Sufficient storage
- Supportive customer service
- Slow to “wake up”
- Apps often crash and lag mid-use
10. Hikity 7-Inch Flip Out Android Radio
- 7-inch touch screen display
- Integrated Wi-Fi and GPS support
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Back camera input
- FM radio receiver
The Hikity radio features sturdy hardware housing essential Android features.
This slim and simplistic head unit is a perfect upgrade from the old factory model with chunky panels and rattling buttons.
The head unit is more about functionality than trendiness.
It offers support for the commonly used features in a car radio, such as hands-free Bluetooth and GPS.
Backing and parking your car is now easier with the radio’s support for a reverse camera.
Memory is also just enough for essential downloads like more navigation apps and launchers.
Aftersales services also make the deal.
As it is common with most aftermarket radios, isolated issues about glitchy Bluetooth pairing or whatnot are important to address.
The manufacturer’s sales support responds quickly and provides solutions to buyers.
- Bright and sharp screen display
- User-friendly interface design
- Perfect fit in most vehicles
- Easy to use and navigate through
- Unhelpful and complicated instruction manual
- Overlapping radio stations
- Excessively consumes battery power
11. Binize 7-Inch Retractable Android Stereo
- 7-inch retractable screen display
- wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support
- Online navigation access
- Mirror link compatible with Android and iOS
- Steering Wheel Control support
If the 10-inch Binize head unit was too big for your tastes, check out this 7-inch retractable stereo from the same brand.
This head unit successfully combines old and new; a sleek capacitive touch screen sits atop a retrofit body of the radio.
Is it not eye-catchy to see an old-school-style radio pull up a map and navigate your way to and fro?
Finally, it comes with expandable storage.
The radio has dedicated USB and SD card slots for additional memory.
This can help accommodate more maps, and download apps from the Play Store.
- Comes with remote control
- Customizable backlighting
- Pushes out decent sound
- Good value for money
- Complicated wiring and connections
- Overlapping radio station
- Slow bootup and response time of apps
12. Podofo Single DIN Flip Out Car Stereo
- 7-inch screen display
- Compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth
- FM radio receiver
- Upgraded Mirror link
Swap out your dusty, old head unit with a shiny Podofo Android car stereo.
This single DIN unit promises to take the least space on your dash while letting its presence be known with the eye-catching screen and bright backlit navigation buttons.
Tiny but mighty, the head unit features a range of support for various new technologies.
It can confidently connect your Android and iOS devices via a wired connection over Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
“You get what is advertised outside the box.
Responsive touch screen, full sound, and outstanding aftersales support make this brand stand out above the others.”
On top of digital audio streaming for your musical needs, the radio supports a wide range of media.
Grow your infotainment system’s memory with a USB or SD card.
This way, you can save maps, download more songs, and back up old files from the back camera.
- Hassle-free setup
- Expandable storage
- Perfect upgrade for older cars
- Best bang for your buck
- Limited wireless connectivity
- Selective when pairing with Android devices
13. JOYING 9-Inch Single DIN Car Stereo
- 9-inch touch screen
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
- Comes with Coaxial Digital Output
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Integrated Z-Link function
Last but not the least, we have the JOYING 9-inch Android head unit.
It features a unique optic fiber output to deliver the highest audio quality possible.
Listening experience just got a level up with this radio.
Front and rear speakers can be adjusted independently, and surround sound is pushed throughout the whole car.
Android mobile devices will also pair more synchronously with the radio.
The built-in Z-Link function improves the connectivity between Android phone and radio for lossless music playing, screen sharing, and more.
- Quick and simple setup
- Massive storage
- High-quality audio
- A worthwhile investment
- Can experience trouble syncing with iOS devices
The Buying Guide of Best Single Din Head Unit For Android
Foregoing your factory head unit means you are liable for any damage that might occur after the installation of your new aftermarket Android single DIN head unit.
Of course, you can always seek out professional help from automotive shops before whipping out your screwdrivers.
The ideal Android head unit differs for every person, so it is important to weigh in considerations.
Compare and contrast head units as much as possible before heading to check out.
Let us take a look into the significant factors to consider upon purchasing a single DIN head unit for Android.
It is evident in our product review that prices range from a hundred to almost five hundred dollars.
While there is nothing wrong with a costly head unit, it might affect the rest of your budget.
An upgrade no matter how big or small is an investment.
Nobody wants to invest their time, energy, and money in the wrong places.
Therefore, we have to set a budget for our target head unit upgrade, and try to stick as closely as possible to your financial limit.
So many head units come with cheaper price tags and still perform better than the expensive ones.
But of course, if you have more than enough resources, feel free to splurge on high-end technology.
What matters most here is that you invest in a worthwhile single DIN head unit, with features and functions you ought to use regularly.
02. Ease of Installation And Setup
If you wish to set up your new head unit on your own, it is only natural to pray you have an easy time installing it all together.
The radio’s wirings and connections can get complicated and confusing.
Try to find installation guides and instruction manuals online before placing a purchase.
Familiarizing ourselves with what we have to expect during unboxing can help lessen confusion in figuring which wire is which.
It is also a good time to remember that installing a head unit does not require speed.
If anything, patience and presence of mind are essential in setting up a new head unit into the car’s dashboard.
03. Build And User Interface
Remember that with upgrading to a new single DIN Android head unit, the dashboard is bound to look pleasantly different.
A cleaner and modern-looking dash adds great value to the car.
Ease of accessing the menu, settings, and other apps can also make or break the deal.
Nobody wants to keep tapping on the screen while driving just because they could not find the navigation app.
An ideal Android head unit presents an accessible system with only minimal clicks to get things moving.
Buttons and finger gestures must make controlling functions easier, not frustrating.
04. Sound And Image Quality
One other probable reason you want to upgrade is to experience better audio.
On top of that, getting a big-screen display for GPS or film viewing is a great plus.
The ideal single DIN head unit for Android pushes out a decent sound with or without external amps.
Of course, this also depends on the buyer’s sensitivity to audio quality.
While most would be okay with direct audio output, others would take a step further and replace their factory speakers.
Clear and sharp images also help in viewing maps.
Nobody wants to look at questionable blurs and get lost in the way.
High-definition images, especially with a rear camera installed, is key in securing the vehicle’s backing and parking.
05. Connectivity And Expandability
The ideal Android head unit offers support and compatibility for services regularly used by the consumer.
Audio streaming, hands-free calling, and more must be proven stable and reliable.
These are common features across most radio units, but buyers often overlook testing their quality and reception.
Microphones and receivers require thorough checking before proceeding to pull out your wallet.
Another key factor to consider is expanded storage.
If you are a driver who saves multiple map guides, you might want to review if the head unit of your choice comes with a data USB slot or SD card slot.
The Purchasing Facts of Best Single Din Head Unit For Android
Are you still worried about whether to pursue upgrading with an aftermarket Android head unit?
Worry not! You are in the right place, and we will do our best to help you.
We listed down frequently asked questions about single DIN stereo head units for Android.
These can add more insight and help you pick out the suitable head unit for your car and your needs:
01. How Does An Android Auto Head Unit Work?
An Android Auto head unit functions in pretty much the same way as your Android tablet or smartphone.
Upon pairing your Android device with the Android Auto head unit, features from your device such as messages and maps are also cast onto the head unit’s display.
You can reply to messages, navigate maps, and scroll through playlists on the radio’s screen instead of scrambling for your phone while driving.
02. Are Android Head Units Worth My Money?
Brand name head units are more expensive for a reason.
These units come with firmware that is more stable and secure.
Android head units out in the aftermarket experience a few hiccups in firmware updates.
Nonetheless, Android head units come with greater customization.
Users have greater control over what their android car stereos can or cannot do.
It is a yes; Android head units are worth the money to upgrade your car’s infotainment system.
03. Will An Aftermarket Android Head Unit Play My Music Better?
It is important to know that the head unit simply processes the music at the highest quality it can.
Regardless of the high-fidelity music, if the car’s speakers are below average, the music’s quality gets dampened.
Yet, some buyers leave reviews saying they had never heard their music like this until upgrading to an Android head unit.
Perhaps with the right and matching technology, car stereos can produce better-quality music without detaching the speakers.
04. What Tools Will I Need To Set Up A New Android Head Unit?
Most Android head units come with adapter harnesses.
Thus, the wiring and connections are simplified and reduce confusion.
To install a new Android car stereo, you will need a screwdriver kit and panel tools.
Sometimes, an installation kit is necessary to ensure the snug fit of the new stereo into the dash panel.
05. How Long Does An Android Head Unit Last?
A good-quality head unit can last at least three years.
One main reason why most stereo units get busted down is the radio’s inefficient power consumption.
The radio can run on harmful voltages and drain the car’s battery.
05. Where Can I Buy An Android Head Unit?
Android head units are up for sale on online selling platforms and in physical stores selling automotive accessories.
Purchasing online can save the time and energy to walk or drive out to an automotive store.
On the other hand, physical establishments allow buyers to see the unit in person and have it tested out before proceeding to check out.
06. Can A Single DIN Android Head Unit Fit in My Car’s Dashboard?
Single DIN stereo head units usually take up minimal space.
There is no problem with upgrading your double DIN factory head unit to an aftermarket single DIN.
All it needs to stay in place are brackets, fitting panels, or mounting collars.
These will keep the new single DIN head unit in place and not rattle around in the dash panel.
An Android Auto head unit is a huge step up from your car’s OEM factory head unit.
It significantly improves productivity and connectivity while out on the road.
Features like voice command and configurable interface make upgrading to a single DIN Android stereo unit attractive and worthwhile.
It is an investment meant to last for some time.
Carefully consider your options before going home with a new Android head unit.